EIGHT MISTAKES BEFORE MARRIAGE – ADDRESSED BY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
I want to talk to you like a father to children. This is not a sermon but an address.
1. Don’t marry a man without a job. Before God gave Adam Eve, he gave him a job. He said this is the garden, keep it. So those who come to you and say sister, thus says the Lord, you are going to be a star in my firmament, tell him, before I become a star in your firmament what is your job? If he has no steady income, he has no job, don’t marry him. Go and get a job first. The man should provide for the family, not the other way round. If he has no income he should not marry. Those who have no work should not eat and if you cannot eat you should not marry.
2. Don’t marry Delilah, Delilah can stop a Samson. What does this mean? Don’t marry for beauty’s sake. Prov 31:30. Beauty fails, favor is deceitful. That beautiful angel will grow old and everybody grows. As you grow old, the beauty fades.
3. Don’t marry outside the Church. I want to tell you point-blank, It is better to be single than to be married to the devil. Don’t ever think that you can change the person. If the person does not change before marriage it is a settled matter. No problem I am standing on the rock of ages, that Brother, that sister I know is in mery clay of sin, I will pull him up, no he will pull you down. That Brother, tall, handsome, lanky, handsome, rich and you jump for him, Goliath was tall he lost his head. Saul was lanky, he lost his crown. Don’t marry a fool. If he is not a true child of God, don’t be associated with them. Don’t be unequally yoked.
4. If somebody pretends to be a Christian and he is following you to Church, all you need to do is watch. By their fruits, you shall know them not by their sweet talk. When a brother comes to you and say I have never seen someone like you before when I saw you I thought the sun is shining, ask him if he believes in holiness if he says no human being can be perfect, we are all flesh, only God can be perfect, the moment you hear that run. You cannot be like everybody else and be an example. An example is someone different from all others that others can copy not somebody who copies others. The parents of Samson told him is there were no women other than this devil but he did not listen to them.
5. Don’t marry a girl simply because she can sing. Singing is wonderful. God loves worshippers, but the devil use to be the choirmaster in heaven. In some choirs some fallen angels can sing like angels, they are equally yoked with the devil.
6. Don’t marry a lazy girl. If she is lazy when she is a girl, how will she cope when she is married with children.
7. Don’t marry a girl that cannot cook. You want to eat food in your house. Any girl that cannot cook will not be a good wife.
8. Don’t marry a worldly girl, a girl who will not dress right, a girl after jewelry if you do, you have got something you will worship for the rest of your life. Col 3:1-3. I believe you will marry the right partner in Jesus’ name.
Who should I marry?
Marry a prayer warrior.
Heaven At Last-God gift